Bus or Coach Licences



Each bus type has its own requirements depending on its capacity and number of axles


At ASAP we take BUS and COACH training very seriously.    
Unlike our competitors who only offer bus and coach training in TRUCKS we will actually teach you to drive a full-sized BUS or a full-sized 5 star Coach. Ask the question when you call the other Driving Schools "Do you train with real buses and tourist coaches" - You will find the answer is "No, just Trucks".
You cannot meet the standards the BUS and COACH Industry demands learning in a a small truck. Buses and Coaches are worth a lot more money and are much bigger than driving school trucks.


We also offer the Transport NSW's Driver Authority Course for Public Passenger Vehicles at a very competitive rate, so enquire now.
What you need to get your Bus or Coach Licence and Driver Authority - ASAP
  • Pass an RMS MR/HR Knowledge
    Go to Practice Test

  • Pass an RMS Eye test

  • Get a Learner CBA log book and CBA guide book from your local RMS.

  • Read the Guide Book thoroughly before your first training session.

  • Undertake Heavy Vehicle competency based assessment

  • Apply for your Driver Authority   Click for Form

  • P Plate holders are not eligible to apply for a Bus or Coach Licence.

ASAP Driver Training Requirements

  • ASAP driver training requires all customers to wear appropriate clothing and footwear when being trained and assessed.

  • 48 hours notice must be given for cancellation of lessons or 50% of fees will be charged.

RMS Driver Knowledge Tests




  • HR Coach $150 per hour

  • MR Buses $120 per hour

  • Bus Driver Authority course $400